Conditions of Booking and Rental
Please read carefully the following conditions of rental. Any departure from these conditions will permit the owner or his agent to refuse to allow entry or immediately terminate the tenancy at his discretion. When you receive your confirmation of booking and your trust account receipt for your deposit, please check them carefully and contact the office immediately if there is any discrepancy.
- Please note that LINEN IS NOT SUPPLIED unless specified. You will need to bring your own sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, face washers, teatowels, etc. or freshly laundered linen can be hired locally directly through our office. Hired linen booked in advance is delivered to the property prior to your arrival.
- Payments made by cheque are receipted subject to clearance. A $30 fee will be charged for any cheque dishonoured. You cannot pay by cheque on arrival for a booking of less than 7 days.
- Long stays: Rent for the full period of a booking up to 8 weeks in duration must be paid before occupancy commences, unless special arrangements have been made. Payment for bookings exceeding 8 weeks may be made as: 8 weeks at commencement and the balance at or before week 5. Bookings for 6 weeks or more will be cleaned during your stay. We will advise you of when this will occur. For your own convenience you can also organise a weekly clean at a minimal expense during long stays. Long stay “Senior cardholder discounts” may be available but are only applicable for a maximum of 2 occupants.
- Payment of the balance of rent must be made on or before arrival, and can be accepted by internet banking, credit card, eftpos, cash or cheque. If you choose to pay the balance by credit card, a 0.88% (incl. GST) surcharge applies.
- A security deposit of between $200 and $1000, (dependent on number of guests, type of property, Frequent Stayers status, etc.), is required upon check-in. If a booking is for 7 days or less, then a credit card pre-authorisation is suitable, otherwise this security deposit will need to be paid on or before check-in, and will be returned to the guest within 7 days after vacating providing all keys are returned at the designated check-out time, no breakages or damage is to be paid for (refer Condition 11), and the property is left in a clean and tidy condition. (Guests are expected to remove all their rubbish from the property and place in wheelie bins provided, and have all dishes washed, dried and put away in the cupboards and premises to be left generally clean and tidy). A $30 per hour or part thereof fee will be charged for any extra cleaning required. The guest authorises the agent to deduct this amount from the security deposit or credit card should this payment be required.
- Keys to the premises are available from the agent only during business hours Monday through Saturday 4pm. A second set of keys may be available, however these must be returned to the agent during business hours on the day prior to departure.
- Inspection of units or houses before booking is not permitted under the Terms of our Management Agreements with our Landlords, however photographs of all our properties are available to view in the office as well as here on our website.
- If keys are to be made available for arrival after hours, full payment must have been made in advance, and identification or receipt must be produced. The tenant should confirm this requirement for after hours arrival during business hours on arrival day or one business day before.
- Tenancy commences at 2pm on the commencement date and ends at 10am on the departure date. Earlier arrivals for Frequent Stayers members are subject to previous occupants’ departure and cleaners’ schedules. We have an after hours key return for early departures.
- The right is reserved by owners to alter *prices, **furniture, equipment or content at any time prior to occupancy without notice or compensation. We act only as agents for the owner.
*Price changes after a booking is made, whilst extremely rare, would be notified in writing with no less than 30 days notice. (Refer Condition 19).
**We will certainly notify you whenever possible of changes to furniture in cases such as changes to bed sizes etc..
- The tenant is responsible for accidental or intentional breakages, losses or damage to the property or furniture, made by themselves or their invitees. If an insurance claim is made with the prior agreement of the owner, the tenant must pay the applicable excess on the owner’s insurance policy. Breakages, damage to or loss of: cutlery, crockery, kitchen utensils, furniture, furnishings, white goods, fixtures and fittings, internal walls or carpets must be assessed by the office and paid for at the office of the agent before departure. If an estimate of cost made is later found to be incorrect, an adjustment either way will be made within 30 days.
- If an item cannot be replaced, a reasonable substitute can be purchased of no less value than the original, if acceptable to the owner. If the lost or broken item is part of a set, and the item cannot be matched, the full set will be required to be replaced.
- For any property which provides Wi-Fi for guest use, please note that any downloading of illegal or copyrighted material and any legal repercussion of that will be the responsibility of the tenant and not of the property owner or agent. Further note that Wi-Fi is not generally included unless specifically mentioned on the property listing.
- Cars are not to be parked on the premises except in the space provided for the unit or house rented. Visitors’ cars are to be kept outside the premises, or in designated visitors’ car spaces where available, and not on grassed areas.
- The number of persons staying in the premises at any time must not exceed the number of beds supplied.
- The tenant shall not cause or allow any undue or excessive noise or operate radios, stereos, or television sets at any volume which may cause annoyance to other tenants or neighbours, particularly between 10pm and 8am.
- Animals of any kind, apart from Guide Dogs, are not permitted on the premises at any time, including visitor’s animals. If an animal is reported to be on the premises your tenancy will be terminated immediately and no refund will be given. You may also be liable for a pest control and/or carpet and/or furniture cleaning and/or cleaning up of the grounds.
- Any description of the premises given by us is made in good faith. We cannot accept your misinterpretation of the description of the property, and advise that it is your responsibility to ensure that the property is suitable for your needs, eg. in the case of number of stairs, shower over a bath, security screens, etc.. We should be able to answer most of your questions, but we cannot be expected to pre-empt them. Note that none of our properties are designed as ‘wheelchair friendly’, except as specifically mentioned in the description of the property.
- A deposit is accepted on the basis that the rental quoted may be increased or the booking cancelled by the owner or agent, provided that at least 1 month’s notice of such increase or cancellation is sent to the tenant at the address or email address last known to the agency. A refund of the deposit in full will be made available in these circumstances, or the agent will make every endeavour to provide similar alternative accommodation.
- In the event of the tenant, for any reason whatsoever, desiring to cancel the booking, the deposit shall be refunded according to the following criteria:More than 3 months notice – full refund of your deposit, less a $15 administration fee, or transfer to another unit and/or date. Less than 3 month’s notice, if and when the booking has been fully rebooked, full refund less a $15 administration fee, or transfer to another unit and/or date. No refund if the unit is not rebooked. In the event of a no-show on commencement day and/or no advice at the close of the business day, there will be no refund and the premises may be re-let for the balance of the period. The owner also reserves the right to seek payment of the balance for the full booking, and may use a court or collection agency for the purpose. Should you wish to cancel a part of your booking then the above cancellation policy will still apply to that portion of the booking and the deposit held will be deemed to be held against the dates cancelled. As unforeseeable events can happen preventing you from travelling, eg. severe weather could cut roads, or airline strikes could affect travel, our office recommends that you take out independent Travel Insurance.
- Phone, e-mail or fax bookings will be cancelled and released and the unit will be made available for another booking if a deposit is not received within 7 days. For bookings less than 7 days ahead, deposit must be paid within 24 hours.
- Separate Body Corporate Regulations and by-laws where applicable to unit premises, must be adhered to at all times, and are usually on display at the building.
- If there is any problem perceived by the tenant on occupation of the premises, the agent should be notified immediately so that the problem can be rectified as soon as possible for the comfort of the tenant. Every effort will be made to rectify anything that we possibly can within our legal limits in our contract with the owners of the property, but please note that no subsequent compensation of any kind will be considered.
- Misplaced keys or keys locked in a unit incur a call-out fee of $40 outside business hours. Alternatively you can call Fort Knox Locksmiths on 5491 5000. PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN LOCKING THE UNIT. Lost keys must be replaced at the tenant’s cost being an additional charge of $5 per key minimum (security keys normally $50). Magnetic or radio remote door openers lost incur a charge of an additional $100.
- No responsibility is taken for tenants personal property left on the premises.
- Caloundra Holiday Centre reserves the right for their tradespeople or representative to enter the property at any reasonable time to carry out repairs or maintenance work or for any purpose deemed necessary.
- EQUIPMENT FAILURE Electrical equipment such as televisions, washing machines, dishwashers and all other appliances, even swimming pools, can occasionally fail, and there are times when it may not be possible to get a licenced tradesperson to repair the item immediately, or outside business hours, particularly at night or on weekends. Every effort will be made to rectify the problem as quickly as possible, but it is not possible for us to guarantee serviceability of everything for the duration of your stay.
- Taking occupancy in the premises implies the total acceptance of these conditions