Following are some of the more common questions we are asked. Also see our “Useful Links” under the “Contact Us” tab for some more helpful information:
What are our office hours?
- Our office is open: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Our after hours emergency phone number is 0439 410 988.
- After hours key collections are possible for any time, however this does need to be arranged with the office. (See below).
What deposit is required when making a booking?
- Deposits required vary depending upon the season.
- Off-peak bookings, generally require a 25% deposit. For a longer booking this can usually be paid off. Just ask if you need.
- School holiday bookings generally require an intial deposit of 25% of the booking amount, and a further deposit to bring your full deposit up to 50% of the booking amount, by 3 months prior to your arrival.
- If you are booking for a time that is less than 3 months away then 50% deposit
- is payable.
- The balance of the accommodation cost does not need to be paid prior to arrival, however it is recommended and will save you time when checking in.
- If you’d like to ‘lay-by’ your holiday, you’re welcome to, and we will send you out a receipt and new booking confirmation each time you pay a further deposit.
What time can we get in to the property?
- Normal check in time is 2 p.m. on your arrival date. Check out time is 10 a.m. on the last day of your stay.
What happens if we wish to arrive after your office closes?
- Provided your accommodation is paid in full, we will take your keys to the NightOwl Convenience Store located about 200m from our office up the main street at 50 Bulcock Street, Caloundra. The NightOwl is open every day of the year until midnight.
- If you are on the way, but are held up with traffic problems or some other unforseen circumstance, please phone us and you can pay your balance by credit card over the phone or we can come to some other arrangements if required. If it is after 5 p.m. (or after 4 on a Saturday) our after hours emergency phone number is 0439 410 988 should you need it.
What linen do I need to bring?
- You will need to bring your own sheets, pillow cases, towels, face washers, bath mat and tea towels. Our units are not serviced daily as you would find in a larger hotel or on-site managed properties. Bringing your own linen (or you can hire it locally), dramatically reduces costs to landlords and these savings are passed on to you and helps to keep our accommodation affordable. Pillows, blankets, doonas or bedspreads are provided.
I’m not sure we can manage taking all our luggage up 3 flights of stairs. Can you help with that?
- We can assist with your luggage by pre-arrangement. The cost is $25. Please ask the office if you’d like more details on this.
When is the Caloundra Music Festival?
- The fabulous, family-friendly Caloundra Music Festival is generally held on the long weekend in October. The proposed dates for the Caloundra Music Festival for 2019 are Friday the 4th of October to Monday the 7th of October, 2019. Click on thislinkto take you to the Music Festival’s website.
Are there laundry facilities where I’m staying?
- All of our properties have a washing machine, and nearly all of the units have a clothes dryer. If a dryer is not provided you will find a clothesline on the premises.
Will there be any supermarkets open when I arrive?
- We have a number of supermarkets in the Caloundra area within a 10-minute drive. There are two Woolworths, Coles and KMart, an Aldi and an IGA. Woolworths are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. every week day, and 8.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Saturdays and 9.00 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays. The Nightowl convenience store in the main street is open 365 days a year from 7 a.m. to midnight. You can pre-arrange for your groceries to be delivered to your holiday rental property on-line with both Woolworths and Coles, however you must be at the property at the time of delivery, so be sure to allow enough time in case of traffic or other issues that could hold up your predicted arrival time!
Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately no pets are allowed in any of our properties. There are a number of good kennels available in the Caloundra area where your pet could also have a holiday, one quite close at Moffat Beach, and you could take him or her out for a walk on one of our pet friendly beaches. Phone our office if you would like more details.
What do we do if we have more than one car?
- Most of the properties that we rent have one car accommodation. Usually in unit blocks there is a visitor parking bay, however this is as the name suggests only for short-term visitors, not normally overnight visitors. Most of the areas in Caloundra however have plenty of off-street parking available, although be aware that some areas especially close to the town area may have parking restrictions such as 2 hour limits. When this is the case there will be free parking a little further away.
What happens to property left behind in the unit?
- Whilst no responsibility is taken for lost property, any clothing or items that cleaners deem to be of value or sentimental value, will be brought back to our office.
- We will normally try to phone you for your instructions on same. Our preferred way of returning items to you is for you to send us a self-addressed Express Post bag or Parcel Post satchel or similar available from any post office, and we will post the item/s back to you as quickly as possible.
- Lost property will only be kept in the office for a period of 3 months, except by special arrangement, after which time it will be given to charity.
How far is it to Australia Zoo?
- Australia Zoo is a 25-minute drive south of Caloundra and is situated on Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah.
HELP!!! – I’ve locked the keys in the unit! What do I do?
- Our office has an after hours emergency call-out phone, which is available 95% of the time for your convenience. The number is 0439 410 988, (or a backup no. 0418 796 688). If you give us a call on this number we will endeavour to get another set of keys to you. There is a $40 call out fee for this service. Alternately if you are not able to reach anyone you can phone Fort Knox Locksmiths on 07 5491 5000 and they will assist you with any problem. Keys locked in a unit callout fee through the locksmiths after hours service is $170 (at the time of writing), could be more on a Public Holiday. Fort Knox can also assist with things such as power outages etc., where they will invoice the office and not the guest.
What can we do if the weather isn’t sunny?
- Please go to “Forms” under the “How to Book” tab on this site and download the pdf form “Come Rain or Shine” for a complete list of what to do in inclement weather. You certainly won’t be bored!
Do you have an AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER?
- Our office has an after hours emergency call-out phone, which is available 95% of the time. The number is 0439 410 988, (or a backup number if no answer 0418 796 688). If the problem is electrical you can phone Gillett Electrical directly on 0417 674 712.
I’m coming to Caloundra for 6 weeks and would like to order my newspaper from my home town?
- You can pre-order your newspapers through Caloundra Newsagency who are only 3 doors up the main street from our office. Their phone number is 07 5491 2007, or you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need a DOCTOR! Who can I call?
- If you need a doctor to visit your accommodation urgently, House Call Doctor provides home GP visits that are bulk-billed for Medicare or DVA Card holders. Phone 13 55 66 to book an appointment.