Family-Friendly Holiday Accommodation Caloundra
The best way to unwind!
Caloundra Holiday Centre offers one of the largest portfolios of family-friendly holiday accommodation Caloundra, and has been assisting holidaymakers find their perfect Caloundra getaway for over 35 years. With family-friendly prices and such a fantastic range of holiday units and houses, even a few that are pet friendly, we’re sure to have a property that will be just right for you.
Our family-friendly holiday accommodation Caloundra is fully self-contained apart from your linen, which you can provide yourself or hire locally. Most properties do not include free Wi-Fi nor Air-conditioning, so if this is a requirement please let us know.
Our self-contained holiday homes are the ideal family-friendly holiday accommodation you have been looking for. We have accommodation in the Sunshine Coast region of QLD, which includes Kinds Beach, Shelly Beach, Moffat Beach, Bulcock Beach, Dicky Beach, Golden Beach and many smaller suburbs.
Our friendly, helpful staff are available to assist you to choose the right property to suit you and your family in beautiful Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast, just one hour north of Brisbane.
The Sunshine Coast is such a fantastic part of the world to book your holiday accommodation. Contact the team at Caloundra Holiday Centre, specialists in holiday accommodation.
Freecall 1800 817 346
Phone (+61) 07 5491 5444
Unwind in our Family-friendly Holiday Accommodation Caloundra
Holidaying with your family can be a lot of fun, but can also be an issue if you have kids and you are staying in a hotel where people complain of noise. We have a wide variety of self-contained family holiday accommodation in Caloundra and the surrounding suburbs of the Sunshine Coast to make the most of your family holiday. From large homes with pools and a backyard to smaller apartments, we have something to suit every family. Even some pet-friendly holiday homes as well!
When you decide to take your family on holiday, it’s important to choose a fun and exciting destination where everyone can have a good time. Planning these holiday can be quick and easy, especially when you find the right holiday accommodation.
Caloundra and the Sunshine Coast is a fantastic holiday destination for families due to the many beaches, hinterland escapes, activities and restaurants. Rich in diversity, the destination is brimming with the best that Australia has to offer. pristine beaches, subtropical rainforest and stunning mountain ranges, with little villages steeped in history.
All our properties are fully self-contained, with one, two, three or four bedrooms, one or two bathrooms, full kitchen or kitchenette, washing machine and car accommodation. All include cutlery, crockery, glassware, blankets or a doona, quilts, pillows, a stove, an oven, a washing machine and TV. Most have microwave ovens, automatic dishwashers and clothes driers for your convenience, and many have DVD players or VCRs, stereos, patio furniture and a swimming pool.
Our holiday properties are situated throughout the Caloundra area and it’s surrounding beaches. Golden Beach and Bulcock Beach feature the Pumicestone Passage estuary, with calm water for fishing, swimming, sailboarding, water-skiing, jet skis and small yachts. Kings Beach is extremely popular for its reliable surfing and has a recently renovated, fabulous 50m seawater pool on the beach, with a nearby water-fountain water play area for the kids (and the big kids). Other surf beaches, which face different directions, include Dicky Beach, (patrolled), Shelly Beach (rock fishing and shells), Moffat Beach (popular with surfers), and the 10km stretch of Kawana, also great for surf fishing. Currimundi Lake beach has surf with wide beaches and a unique shallow inlet where the lake enters the ocean: is perfect for smaller kids, and patrolled (surf only), at holiday times. Should you choose a holiday unit without a pool, Caloundra has a magnificent public pool complex, with a heated indoor pool, a heated (until end of September) 25m and 50m outdoor lap pools, and a toddlers’ pool, all in a picnic garden setting. Change rooms, toilets, a gym, showers and a snack bar are provided, and one of the best skate parks in Australia also in the grounds if that is of interest to some members of the family.
Do yourself a favour and book our family-friendly holiday accommodation Caloundra today.
View our holiday accommodation here.
Self-contained Family-friendly Holiday Accommodation Caloundra
When you are looking for family-friendly accommodation, you will most likely benefit from self-contained accommodation. Self-contained accommodation generally means you are looking at a holiday home, or unit, keeping away from hotels.
The benefits of self-contained holiday accommodation include:
- Home away from home – relax in surroundings that make you feel like you are at home. All the facilities and features that you probably have at your own home.
- Freedom – you get to come and go as you please and are not restricted to meals times or what activities you wish to partake in. You create your own schedule.
- Excellent value for money – Self-contained holiday accommodation can usually end up being more cost effective for multiple reasons. Our larger properties can sleep up to 11-12 people, meaning you could have a couple of families in the one home sharing costs. You can shop for food and cook, which saves money on eating out, and you are not tied down to activities that you must take part in that can end up being quite expensive when you have larger families.
- Space – our holiday homes have plenty of space, generally a couple of living areas, so kids and parents can do their own thing, plus dining rooms and multiple bedrooms. Some of our properties have great backyards with swimming pools and BBQ areas.
- Flexibility – From space, to meal times, to being able to wash your clothes, self catering accommodation offers you so much more freedom and independence than a hotel stay ever will.
- Pet-friendly – We offer a handful of self-contained holiday accommodation that is pet-friendly so you don’t have to leave home without your fur kids. Everyone that has a pet knows that they are a very much a family member and leaving them behind when going on holiday can be hard. Having the ability to take them is a blessing for a lot of families.
Caloundra and the Sunshine Coast
As the southern gateway to the Sunshine Coast, Caloundra is located just over an hour from Brisbane, with the fabulous Hinterland only a half-hour drive away.
If you are coming here for a holiday, there is nothing that you will want for.
From fabulous scenery, to a wide range of activities, beaches, shopping, medical facilities, local markets, cultural attractions, restaurants and clubs, there is something for everybody.
Our day time air temperature ranges from an average of 28.6 degrees Celsius in summer to an average 20.8 degrees in July. The night temperatures range from 21.3 degrees in summer to an average winter low of 9.3 degrees.
The water temperature is 26 degrees in summer and falls to 21 in the winter months. There is a growing number of local enthusiasts who swim in the ocean every day of the year.
As our many beaches are so different, the following summary will assist those who are looking to stay in Caloundra for the first time. They are in order from the south to the north.